The happiest moments my heart knows are those in which it is pouring forth its affections to a few esteemed characters.
– Thomas Jefferson
I spent the weekend with the following lovely ladies (Emily, Rhiannon, and Farley). It’s always bittersweet to end a weekend with such amazing women, but all the sweetness comes back when you relive the memories in photos and a few notes about what truly made the weekend heart felt, loving, hilarious, and fun-filled.
Top moments of Tofino 2011:
- The start of a roadtrip. Playlist made and picking girlfriends up at the ferry.
- The Coolidge girl’s drink a beer, eat an appetizer, and pay the bill in a total of 10 minutes.
- Arrival before sunset.
- Opening the first bottle of wine.
- Discovering the Say Yes to the Dress marathon on TLC.
- Giggling… constantly.
- Waking up to NO ALARM!
- Long walks on the beaches (seriously underrated)
- Walk to Lighthouse Point
- Run to Lighthouse Point
- Trying on wetsuits for the first time. Literally one of the funniest moments of my life.
- Listening to Emily tell our hot surf instructor why jellyfish can not sting the palm of your hand (nerd alert).
- Piper (the dog) on a surfboard.
- Seeing the awful photos taken from the beach by the official “photographer”. “Yah I would have bought those if you had actually made me look GOOD!”
- Apres surfing drinks.
- Lemon tarts from Sobo.
- Making admiration cards.
- Laughing constantly.
- Choco-Banana milkshake from Tacofino.
- Not having to say goodbye right away because they missed the ferry.