With Father’s Day approaching I wanted to take the opportunity to reflect on my Dad and how important he is in my life. All morning I have been thinking about the contributions my Dad has made in my life and I thought the best way for me to express my love for this fabulous guy is to write down a gratitude list for my Dad.
So Dad, here are some BUT NOT ALL, of your qualities and characteristics that I am grateful for….
- Sound financial advice
- Enthusiastic love of sports- which has come in handy, for me, when I play Sports Trivia or need to make small talk to someone I just met.
- Spontaneous nature.
- Dedication to helping me find the right University. Driving me all over the Eastern Seaboard of the US and Canada to help me figure out where I needed to be.
- Constant support.
- Love of the e-card. Thanks to American Greetings I have received tons of e-cards that crack me up.
- Ability to have FUN. You have taught me so much about being spontaneous and taking pleasure in the FUN of life…. the adventure.
- Ability to know and understand that going to Pakistan WAS going to be great for our family, even though it didn’t seem like a great idea at the start.
- Sense of adventure and choosing a career that allowed me to see and experience the world.
- Friendships. I love the way you maintain such strong friendships and how much you value friends in your life.
- Love for Mom.
- Exploration of new found hobbies (virtual flying!)
- Generosity. In so many ways.
- Value system that you have passed down to Emily and I… we are who we are because of wonderful parents.