The final speaker of Day 1 was Doreen Virtue. Again, someone I hadn’t heard a lot about. To give you some background as to who Doreen Virtue is, here is a paragraph from her website:
Doreen Virtue is a spiritual doctor of psychology and a fourth-generation metaphysician who works with the angelic, elemental, and ascended-master realms in her writings and workshops. Doreen is the author of more than 20 books about angels, chakras, Crystal Children, Indigo Children, health and diet, and other mind-body-spirit issues, including the best-selling Healing with the Angels and Messages from Your Angels books/angel cards. (From http://www.angeltherapy.com/about.php)
Yes, you read that correctly. Angels. She is someone who communicates with angels.
Before I attended the conference I was pretty sure that after dinner I would pack up and head out. I wasn’t so sure about Doreen Virtue based on the fact that she is an “Angelogist”. Yes, I was quick to judge. When I first read her biography in the conference program I thought to myself “I may not know karate, but I know ka-razy”. (It’s a statement that my bud Dana used to say when we lived together in Kenya).
Anyways as I said I was prepared to leave the conference after dinner and skip Doreen’s talk, but as the day progressed I decided that I would be open to hearing what Doreen and the angels had to say. Why not? If anything I would be expanding my horizons, learning something new, and perhaps have one or two takeaways from the experience. And yes, I did.
Here are some notes from Doreen’s talk and again, my own thoughts are in italics:
- Everyone has angels in their midst and angels are your gifts when you are stressed. The angels bring us compassion, safety, and a sense of peace.
- One of my favorite lines from Doreen was “Just because you get stressed doesn’t mean you are flunking spirituality, it means you need to ask for help.”
- Your intuition is really your angel trying to steer you in the right direction. They prepare us for what is going on.
- Angels know what our passions are. They are there to guide you.
- If your ego is making chatter in your mind, sometimes you are trying too hard. Whenever you strain or push to do anything it will go away from you. Ego creates a sense of separation.
- Everyone has a life purpose.
- We never know when our days will end, so be in peace and joy. Enjoy your life no matter what. Love this. Apparently Doreen knows the exact date she will die. Kind of scary I think. In fact I was worried that I would run into her in the lobby and she would “see” my expiration date and tell me. I know, weird, but of course this was going through my head as she was speaking.
- We can each choose love or we can choose fear.
- If someone is stepping on your free will, you have the right to ask for angelic help.
- Follow your intuition and you will never be led astray.
As you can see, Doreen spoke a lot about intuition and how important it is to listen to our intuition because, as she believes, these are our angels telling us something we need to know. I believe that it is our soul that is telling us what we need to know. To be intuitive is to listen deeply to what you believe in and without it, we are lost.