This morning I read my friend the YoungestSenior’s blog entry on her year in review and I just loved how she recapped her Year of AWESOME! I thought I would follow suit and answer the questions she posted on her blog. I am sure I am forgetting some moments of 2010 but below is a fairly good recap of the year. Overall, it was a year of transition and one that taught me a lot about contentment. Thanks 2010 and helloooo 2011.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Road my bike from Vancouver to Seattle.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t do resolutions, but you can read what I posted re: the New Year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
You bet! Congrats to my dear friend D!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I have spent the last five minutes thinking about this and can NOT believe that the only country I visited this year was… the United States!
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Travel across an ocean!
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The month of February- the Olympics! March- learning that sometimes what you think you want, isn’t really what is best. June- move to Victoria.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Ran a sub 2 hour half marathon ( are you sick of reading about this?!) Also, I think learning (late in the year) to say no and to acknowledge that I can’t do it all.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Signing up for too much.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jeff. He amazes me everyday, but in 2010 he trained for the Ironman and completed it in August. I was and am still so proud of him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can’t think of anyone…
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, ferry rides, groceries…
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Me? Get excited? The list is endless. From visiting with friends to moving to a new city to seeing Jeff cross the Ironman finish line to getting a new job to the Ride to Conquer Cancer…. I am thankful that even the small things get me excited.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Same- happier!
b) thinner or fatter? Same- but feel healthy
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying, feeling guilty.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Hanging out with my favorite people, Mom, Dad, Emily, and Jeff.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes. It’s been 3.5 years and I consider myself lucky that I still consider myself falling in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I’m not a hater.
24. What was the best book you read?
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the Girl Who Played with Fire.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Florence and the Machine- thank you Laura.
26. What did you want and get?
To live by the ocean.
27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing. I don’t like thinking about what I could have had.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don’t see a lot of films, but I recently went to see “The Fighter” and I really liked that.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
31 and I went to Vancouver to be with great friends and family.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
32. What kept you sane?
Art journalling, reading, and Jeff.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oprah, always and forever (yes you can barf now).
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m not a political follower, so I can’t say that anything really stirred me.
35. Who did you miss?
Emily. Since moving away from Vancouver to Victoria, I miss Emily a lot. Living close to a sibling is the best gift.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I have met a handful of new people since moving to a new city and I am so thankful for that.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
The grass is not always greener and there is no such thing as a free breakfast.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
The dog days are over. Thank you Florence.