The west coast summer has been a bit faulty this year. Some days it is sunny, other days (most days) it is overcast and a bit rainy, but it seems that this week we have the official go ahead for SUNSHINE which in my books means bring on the summer.
I was inspired by a couple of bloggers to create a summer list. One of my favorite blogs by Kickpleat: It’s the small joys wrote down her summer list and I think it’s a great idea. As I read some of the items on Kickpleat’s summer list I kept hearing myself say “OH YAH! ME TOO!” So here goes my summer list. Some of the things I hope to do, eat, drink, and visit this summer.
1. Eat Gelato
2. Sit on a patio full of sunshine with an ice cold beer.
3. Ride my bike along the Galloping Goose Trail.
4. Ride my bike to Sidney and stop for Fish and Chips
5. Swim in a lake.
6. Try stand up paddling.
7. Catch lightning bugs. I don’t think we actually have lightning bugs in Victoria, but they always bring back a strong memory of humid summer nights in Virginia.
8. Picnic on a beach
9. Swim in the ocean.
10. Wear skirts and shorts.
11. Trail running.
12. Naps in the park.
13. Trip to PEI.
14. Vancouver Island exploration. Day trippin’.
15. Fruit salad.
16. Walk along the beach barefoot in search of heart rocks.
17. Chilled white wine.
18. BBQ on the balcony.
19. Listen to music outdoors.
20. Visit farmer’s markets and buy veg and fruit locally.