This week’s love Thursday is dedicated to time, the opportunity to have the time to do the things I want to do in between jobs. Prior to accepting my position at Royal Roads University, I didn’t like this open concept of time. I didn’t like the fact that I wasn’t in an office environment and felt that I didn’t have a day-to-day purpose. I was in a bit of a funk unsure of what my daily schedule should be versus embracing the opportunity to sit back and enjoy free time.
Fortunately, after only two weeks of “in between”, I accepted the position at Royal Roads University. Since that time I have allowed myself the space and the time to do what I want to do during the day, to actually enjoy this down time and to be thankful for the openness and freedom I feel of not being on a schedule.
We move to Victoria next week and once there I am back on the schedule of day-to-day work, so dedicating this Love Thursday’s to the freedom of time seems to be well suited.
Here are some of the activities that fill my day while I await my next adventure (please note I do not do ALL of these in one day):
– Nap. (I love napping and feel very fortunate that I have the chance to take a daily afternoon nap. My only concern about going back to work is that I won’t be able to stay awake past 2 in the afternoon!)
– Write. (I am working on a side project for a friend, writing for his company. I usually sit myself in a coffee shop for an hour or two and work away on this project.)
– Exercise. (I try to incorporate morning or mid day exercise into the day, running or biking, or walking. If I don’t feel like exercising that day I don’t beat myself up over it, I just don’t do it.)
– Errands. (Still gotta do those errands. Grocery shopping, banking, you name it, it still exists. The difference is that I don’t have to cram all of my errands into a Saturday or Sunday morning.)
– Mondo Beyondo course. (I have mentioned that I am taking the online course, Mondo Beyondo. I usually start my morning with the lessons.)
– Read. (Still not reading as much as I would like to, but when I have the chance I will sit back and read. Lately it has been hard with the anticipation of moving.)