The past couple of weeks has certainly had its ups and downs, but lately things have really been looking UP! I am really pleased to let everyone know that Jeff and I will be moving to Victoria, BC. I have accepted a position at Royal Roads University and am really excited about the opportunity. As much as we absolutely love Vancouver, opportunities come once in a lifetime and this particular one came at just the right time in our life.
For those of you who may not know very much about Victoria- here are some facts about the beautiful oceanside city.
- Victoria is the capital city of B.C.
- Boasts the mildest climate in Canada.
- Focus of downtown Victoria is the inner harbour, overlooked by the Parliament Buildings and the historic Fairmont Empress Hotel.
- Populations: 78,057
- To get to Victoria from Vancouver you can take a float plane or the 1.5 hour ferry
- Active city: Triathlon BC’s official headquarters, several running and biking routes, kayaking, surfing, rock climbing
- To counteract some of the more positive highlights I should let folks know that it is also known as the city of newlywed and nearly dead.
Photos of Victoria